If you are a woman who is highly conscious about her looks, then you are surely aware of the fact how important your eyes are for your looks. Bold and beautiful eyes can make anyone go weak in their knees and accentuate your personality. And what makes your eyes look dazzling and shimmering are your lashes. Whether they are short or long, straight or curly – eyelashes are what make your eye enticingly beautiful and gorgeous.
Naturally, it is very important that you take utmost care of your lashes at all times. Taking good care of them will ensure that they stay healthy and they stay on for a good time to come and give your eyes that ravishing look that will make everyone jealous.
Ways to take care of your eyelashes
- Avoid harsh chemicals – Women are fond of mascara that highlight their eye features and make them bold and beautiful. But those mascaras often contain a lot of chemicals, prolonged use of which can make the lashes dry and cause them to fall off frequently. So, while choosing your mascara, make sure that it is made of natural/organic/safe ingredients.
- Wash off makeup – Just as it is important to remove makeup from the face, so is it important to remove makeup from the eyes and lashes. Do not go to bed with mascara and liners on. Make sure they are thoroughly cleaned off.
- Brush regularly – Even if you do not use mascara, use the mascara brush to clean out your eyelashes This will prevent them from tangling or sticking together and remove all dirt, giving a fuller look to your eyes.
- Eat well – Eating well is necessary for good hair growth and that includes your lashes as well. You need to include more of iron, Vitamin C, D, E and H in your diet so that your body gets every necessary ingredient for good hair growth.
- Avoid rubbing – Most people have a habit of rubbing their eyes vigorously, especially after getting up or when there is an irritation in the eye. This must be entirely avoided. Not only rubbing harms your eyes, it also causes the lashes to fall out in great numbers. Repetition of this over the time may lead to scarce eyelashes.
- Condition the lashes – Just like your face and body, your lashes too need conditioning from time to time so that they can look healthy and shiny from within. So, make sure that you buy from good lash moisturizer and use it regularly to keep the lashes healthy for long.
- Avoid harmful extensions- Many women, while trying to look hot or smoky or preppy, often tend to use eyelash extensions and many of them are quite harmful. If you do have to use extensions, use those that are natural or good for your eyes. And try to wear them as less frequently as possible.
Always remember that your eyelashes are a prized possession and you do have to take good care of them if want them to enhance your looks for years to come.