Tattoos are a very common style and fashion statement these days. People of all ages get tattoos for a variety of reasons. Some may consider it a part of their style/fashion, some may see it as a way to express one’s feelings, some may like the beautiful designs that the tattoo artists are able to draw while some may get a tattoo just for experimenting. Whatever may the reason be, getting a tattoo done is often pretty exciting and to serve you, several Auckland tattoo studios have been established in the recent years.
Why is it important to choose a safe place?
With the rise in the number of people getting tattoos, the problems associated with them have also increased drastically. Since during tattooing the top layer of the skin is pricked with a number of needles, unhygienic procedures can increase the risk of diseases like Hepatitis B, tetanus, Hepatitis C, etc. that can be very serious or even fatal. So, before you get a tattoo, ensure that the entire procedure is going to be safe.
How to ensure safe tattooing?
Before choosing one from the number of Auckland tattoo studios available, it is important to consider the following:
- First and foremost, ensure that the tattoo artist that you are planning to go to is licensed and trained. This will ensure that he/she follows the proper standards and procedures of tattooing. This can reduce the risks to quite an extent.
- You can also check out with your local health department about the sanctioning of a particular tattoo studio. If a service is accredited, the chance of getting a tattoo safely increases significantly.
- The studio must be dry and preferably a closed one to lower the chances of contamination and infection.
- Ensure that the artist wears fresh disposable gloves every time he/she creates a tattoo. Also, check out whether the gloves are actually disposed of or they are reused. Avoid a shop if they are reused.
- Find out whether the needles that are being used for the tattoo come from perfectly sealed containers.
- The pigments being used must be completely new as well.
- Also, find out the source of the ink being used by the studio. Some Auckland tattoo studios use inks containing solvents and metals that aren’t regulated by the FDA. Avoid such inks.
- All equipment that isn’t disposable must be properly sterilized. Every tattoo studio must have an industry-standard sterilization machine suitable for the purpose and all items must undergo strict sterilization before reuse.
- Not only should the equipment be clean, the studio must be clean and hygienic as well. Blood drops often come out during the inking process and if the studio isn’t cleaned daily with proper disinfectants, you may fall prey to blood-borne illnesses.
Following the above-mentioned guidelines while picking the best Auckland tattoo studios can be really helpful in ensuring that you can get a tattoo safely without the fear of putting yourself at the risk of long-term diseases. Some small steps at the very start can save you a lifetime of problems.