The problem of hair loss is more common in males but most of the females also suffer from the loss of hairs due to several reasons. Females may have hair loss due to her age, her hormones, as well as due to her genetics. The hereditary hair loss is more common in males as a result of they-chromosome inheritance disease that causes baldness.
An interesting fact to know about the difference in the loss pattern of the hair in men and women is that men lose hairs on the vertex or the frontal hairlines. On the other hand females, hair starts thinning from the head or crown leaving the frontal hairlines unaffected. There is no permanent cure for hereditary hair loss in females. But there are certain medications available that may help them to halt or slow down the process.
What is hereditary hair loss?
The loss of hair in a person on account of the history of the loss of hair in that person’s family or relatives. This kind of hair loss is transferred from generation to generation.
How it affects hair loss in females?
There is a general idea about female hair loss that it happens after the menopause. But this is not the only truth about their hereditary loss of hair. Loss is also due to female pattern baldness.
- It may decide the age at which your hair starts falling.
- It may decide the speed and frequency of your hair fall.
- It causes the hair follicles to become smaller day by day.
- The phase of the growth of the hair becomes shorter.
- There is a faster fall of hair in hereditary hair loss.
- The hair may look shorter and thinner. Also, it may become grey.
- It follows the pattern of hair loss from the top of the head or the crown leaving the frontal hairlines unaffected.
- This pattern starts at the age of thirty, becomes noticeable at the age of forty and gets even more observable after menopause.
- Fifty percent of women might experience hair loss, after menopause.
Symptoms of hereditary hair loss in females
- Unlike men, women do not experience the developing of bald patches over the head, rather they go through the thinning of the hairs.
- The loss of hair in the hereditary pattern is very fast.
The role of genetics in the fall of hairs in females is less prominent but more powerful than males. When one is incapable of doing anything about the hereditary loss of hairs, one could try to look after their hairs and their diets to enhance the years of their hair’s life span. Certain medications are also available for the treatment of hair fall due to hereditary or any other reasons but they can only halt or slow down the process. It becomes the responsibility of the present generation of women, who have the problem of hereditary hair loss, to take good care of their hairs so that the upcoming generation may not get affected by it to such a large extent as they.